Virginia Real Estate, Personal Injury Litigation & General Practice Attorney Dedicated to Your Legal Needs
Experienced attorney providing effective legal representation for more than 33 years
Since 1979, Paul J. Neal, Jr. (Jay ) has represented individuals and businesses in matters of real estate law, civil and personal injury litigation and a general practice that includes estate planning, business law, contract preparation, collections, etc. Honing his skills through more than 33 years of experience serving Virginia’s Shenandoah, Warren, and Frederick Counties, Jay is a highly respected attorney in the Shenandoah Valley with an experienced and dedicated legal staff, all working to provide good results for our clients. From our office in Woodstock, we serve our clients by handling real estate transactions, both residential and commercial, advocating for the rights of the injured, litigating real estate and construction issues, strategizing for your family’s future, and providing advice normally found in a general practice of law. As a solo attorney practice, there are many areas of the law beyond those handled by our office and we have no reservations about recommending our clients to other attorneys should expertise be needed beyond the scope of our practice. We are committed to representing you efficiently and effectively in your legal needs.
Esteemed reputation and compassionate treatment secure results
Jay is an esteemed attorney, recognized in the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™ as AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a testament to his:
- Dedication — “Humble service” is not just a Scriptural admonition, it is ingrained in our office but Jay achieves his professional and personal satisfaction from interacting with and assisting other people. Success for us as a firm means achieving favorable results for you. While we don’t accept every case, we are dedicated to good results in every case we take.
- Compassion — We treat all of our clients with care and compassion, and are receptive to their questions concerning the law. We answer your questions in plain English to ensure you understand your legal situation fully. We also realize the language of the law can be foreign to many so believe us when we say there is no such thing as a dumb question, and you won’t get “nickled and dimed” if you ask lots of questions.
- Experience — Jay uses what he has learned during his many years of practicing law to assess your situation and to determine the course of action that will secure the best possible result for you. There may be times, especially in matters of dispute, where the best thing to do is...nothing. We never want our clients to spend more on a matter than it’s worth to them and we attempt to be very practical when it comes to the expense of any legal proceeding.
Seasoned attorney dedicated to various civil practice areas
We offer legal representation in matters involving real estate law, personal injury litigation and a general practice of law, including estate planning and business law:
- Real estate — We apply our extensive knowledge of real estate law to offer effective and efficient legal services for your real estate transactions. Our legal assistants have worked on hundreds of closings with Mr. Neal and can prepare a detailed fee quote for you upon request. We have worked with hundreds of lenders and understand the process of getting a real estate loan can be tiresome and confusing.. We will close transactions as quickly as possible, but not at the expense of short-changing quality. When it comes to title examinations, Jay searches his own titles and will discuss a property’s history at closing, as well as explain any significant easements or restrictions and discuss the need for or desirability of owners title insurance.
- Civil and Personal injury litigation — We represent plaintiffs in matters of personal injury, primarily resulting from auto accidents, but also handle general litigation matters- contract disputes, construction disputes, unpaid accounts, right of way disputes, zoning appeals, etc.
- Estate Planning — We help clients secure the future for their families in matters of estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advanced medical directives. While much of what one reads strongly advocates a revocable trust, we do not believe in a “one size fits all”, and will explain what trusts can and cannot do for you and your family. In appropriate situations, a well-drafted trust is essential, but there are also situations where a trust would be a waste of time and money. We will explain the options and let you decide what’s right for you.
Call Jay today at 540-459-4041 to schedule a consultation or contact us online.